Domestic Violence Programs
If you want to talk to someone about the violence in your life or in the life of someone you know, please call Georgia’s 24-Hour Statewide Domestic Violence Hotline, 1.800.33.HAVEN (1.800.334.2836) V/TTY. As a friend or family member of someone experiencing domestic violence, it is important to be there for them and let them know that the abuse is not their fault.
For more information about how Domestic Violence affects children, please see the links below:
- How Does Domestic Violence Affect Children?
- Celebrating Your Child's Strengths
- Before You Talk to Your Children: How Your Feelings Matter
- Listening and Talking to Your Child About Domestic Violence
- The Importance of Playing with Your Children
- Keeping Your Children Safe and Responding to Their Fears
- Managing Challenging Behavior of Children Living with Domestic Violence
- Where to Turn if You Are Worried About Your Child
- Helping Your Child Navigate a Relationship with the Abusive Parent
- A Parent's Self-Care and Self-Reflection